Juan Gaviota surf information:
Surfing Paradise in Guatemala a private and exclusive complex
Jetties made with the purpose of creating a marina, the sand blocked the exit and became a point break
If the points are not working there are two different but still constant and fun beach breaks
Juan Gaviota has the best facilities and club house with a high quality restaurant, a beautiful pool to chill
When the swell is big this place breaks bigger than the other spots
We can get you a house for rent and a surf session
- Type of waves:
- The Right¨Quetzaki¨: in perfect conditions is the longest wave of Guatemala with more than 150m ride, with a lot of tube sections and with steep walls for radical maneuvers. Fast, hollow long, and consistent
- The Left ¨cholula¨: the jetty is not straight and has a certain angle that creates a wedge and on perfect conditions it works as a point break. Fast and hollow
- On the left jetty a perfect and long right and on the right jetty a wedge hollow left.
- Crowd: 5-10 people on the weekends
- Size: 2 – 14 ft.
- Tides: incoming (low to high) and outgoing (high to low)
- Distance from the city: 130 km